When considering whether to go for braces or invisalign, one has to ask questions like which one is more effective and affordable. However, the treatment that will prove better results in a short time span is what many will pick; despite the costs. Braces and invisalign are designed to straighten teeth and improve general oral health. Braces consist of brackets being glued to your teeth and tied together using wires and tiny rubber bands. These days, one can get braces that match your enamel color, making them more discrete. However, invisalign is designed to be more invisible. The aligner trays are made to be smooth, comfortable, clear, and worn over the teeth. Below are advantages of invisalign over braces;
- Color; metal braces are typically silver in color but one can pay extra for color or enamel color. Invisible invisalign is clear, thus making it virtually invisible.
- Treatment time; the treatment of braces entails having them 24/7, depending on the patient’s needs; invisalign takes up 22 to 24 hours a day for 6 to 18 months depending on the patients needs.
- Cost; generally the acquisition of braces costs around $1,800 to $5,500 while invisalign costs an average of $5,000.
- Maintenance; braces require the patients to brush the brackets and wires regularly when brushing their teeth. Invisalign cleaning is easy since the patients are advised to use the invisalign cleaning system. This includes brushing and rinsing trays in lukewarm water.
- Follow up visits; patients using braces need to visit the orthodontic clinic about every month while invisalign patients visit every 4 to 6 weeks to change the aligner trays.
Invisalign invisible braces london success depends entirely on the beholder; if one does not wear them, they will not work. As for braces, one doesn’t have a choice.